Drone Surveys & Inspection York
Drone Surveys York
Here at Drone Site Surveys, we enable the construction industry to work smarter by using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs/Drones) to inspect, measure and map areas without the need for time-consuming and expensive equipment hire. By having a drone survey across York, you negate the need for scaffolding, cherry pickers or other ways of viewing your building or construction site at height.
As a CAA-approved drone company and a Construction Line Gold accredited business, we have undertaken 1000s of drone surveys across York and the wider North Yorkshire region.
Using the most modern drone equipment we can provide images and video of your structures at incredible heights. All of our media is in super high resolution with images and video available up to 4K. We can then back these images with a report for you and your team to understand issues that require further invasive inspection.
Get a Free Quote for a Drone Survey or Inspection in York
York is a cathedral city in the North Yorkshire region bordered by the Pennines, North Yorkshire Moors and the Yorkshire Wolds. With a population of approximately 200,000, York is located 20 miles east of Harrogate, 25 miles northeast of Leeds and 80 miles south of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The most local airspace restriction to the city centre is the Rufford Glider site to the west, with the FRZ (Flight Restriction Zone) of the Full Sutton Airfield and Flying Centre being located 8 miles to the east.
York is a very popular tourist destination, with visitors to cultural and historic attractions such as York Minster being a large contributor to the local economy. Therefore, transport networks, particularly rail links should be given due consideration in mission planning. Network Rail has their own regulations regarding drone flights around its infrastructure and has notification systems in place which must be followed in order to keep your flights safe and meet all regulatory requirements.
The usual considerations should be given to town centre flights when planning missions around York itself, which should include staying within the parameters of the drone code.
Drone flights require a great deal of thought, and thorough planning and permissions must be gained in order to ensure that all flights are carried out safely and legally. Our trained pilots, alongside our experienced administrative team, will work together to gain the permissions to carry out work in the trickiest of locations!
Drone Inspections York
If you don’t require a report you may just wish to inspect your site in York. Our pilots can work with you or your surveyors to inspect the whole building or focus on sections most important to you. With our technology we have systems such as live streaming allowing viewing by wearing a virtual reality headset. Allowing you to attend the site and direct our pilots to inspect areas you wish. The remote streaming allows you and your team to watch the drone inspection take place. Having direct communication with the pilot you can again point us in the right direction or get a closer more detailed look at your assets.
With our drone inspections, we deliver all footage in high quality with resolutions up to 4K available. Inspecting your assets from the air using drones provides a cheaper, faster and more reliable way of inspection without the need for scaffolding, cherry pickers or other expensive equipment. Not only that, from site visit to the delivery of images can be done within a 48 hour turnaround. Our drone inspections are delivered via a secure, password secure URL for you to share with your team, suppliers or contractors that may be carrying out repairs.
Contact Drone Site Surveys today to book your drone inspection or survey anywhere across the York region. Our team will take a few details from you and provide a tailored quote.
Contact Us Today to Book Your Drone Survey or Inspection in York
Drone Mapping York
Along with our surveys and inspection, we can provide in-depth mapping for your site. Using high-quality images, high-precision GPS and photogrammetry, we can map your site so that you don’t need to visit.
This highly detailed map can help solve clarity issues along with being able to see contour lines, and accurate borders (accurate to 1cm). These can then be overlaid onto images to allow you to build up the ultimate picture of your construction site. You can even combine our drone mapping with construction site progress and time-lapse video to provide you with an ultimate overview of your construction progress from start to finish.
Surveyor Support Services
As well as providing detailed reports, drone mapping, inspections and surveys we are available to be an all-around surveyor support service. Our team understand your role as a surveyor and how to make your job on-site easier.
Come and speak to us about our surveyor support services as we don’t just offer drone inspections. We can provide internal and external scanning, 3D models and other services to help you measure, inspect and report on some of your assets without ever visiting a site. Let Drone Site Surveys take the labour away from yourself saving you time and money on your projects.
Monitor Your Building's and Sites From Above
City of York Council Policies on Drone Usage
- Drone operators must have permission from the land owner where a drone takes off and lands.
- The National Park Authority owns less than 1% of the North York Moors, with some 80% in private ownership. Therefore, we cannot grant permission for take-off and landing a drone in more than 99% of the National Park.
- The National Park Authority will not grant permission to amateur operators for drone flight from its land for the following reasons (professional drone operators please see below): In the event of an accident causing damage to property or injury to people, the operator of the drone will be liable to pay compensation. Amateur operators generally have not received professional training, are not registered with the Civil Aviation Authority and do not have appropriate insurance, should this happen. The presence of drones can have a negative impact on the sense of remoteness and tranquillity of the North York Moors. Areas of land owned by the National Park Authority, including its car parks and National Park Centres, are busy, dynamic environments and are therefore not suitable (and potentially illegal) sites for the take-off and landing of drones.
- It is against the law to fly your drone within the restricted zone surrounding an airfield boundary without permission. This, therefore, makes the area surrounding the Sutton Bank National Park Centre and Kilburn White Horse, unsuitable and illegal sites for the unauthorised operation of drones.
- According to the Civil Aviation Authority’s Drone Code, drones must be flown no higher than 400 feet (120 metres) above ground level and kept at least 150ft (50 metres) away from people and private property.
- You can read the Civil Aviation Authority’s Drone Code
- You can access a useful map of no-fly zones and areas of High-Intensity Radio Transmission.
Commercial filming by professional drone operators
- The National Park Authority may, under some circumstances, grant permission for the take-off and landing of drones from areas of land in its ownership when there is sufficient reason to do so.
- Permission will only be granted to professional operators who can provide proof of CAA registration and appropriate insurance.
- Permission will only be granted to operators working with recognised production companies.
- Whilst on-site, operators must be able to demonstrate proof of permission from a member of the National Park Authority staff.
- Please contact the National Park Authority at least 21 days prior to your request to film using a drone.
- Please visit their filming page for more information about filming in the National Park and areas of land in the Authority’s ownership.
- All requests to take off and land a drone for the purpose of commercial filming, along with proof of professional registration and appropriate insurance, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Other Inspection Services
Our Drone Photography Covers the Whole of the UK